BRAZIL – RIO de JANEIRO, March 2013
from series “Maracana Village”
Mother and son rest in the garden of the ancient Indian. This old colonial building that was occupied in October 2006 by a group of about 30 indigenous of different ethnicities from all over Brazil. The building, located in front of the gate number 13 Maracana stadium, was donated to the government by the first owner, the Duke of Saxe in 1865, to make it a research center for the indigenous culture.The palace hosted the ancient Indian Museum from April 1953 until 1977, when the the headquarters of the museum was moved to the district of Botafogo and the building was abandoned.
Hahnemühle Paper Fine Art Baryta 320 gsm 100 % α-cellulose bright white · high gloss